A number of measures were taken in the furtherance of the Regional Investment Standard established by the Edict of the President of the Russian Federation of 10 September 2012: an Investment Declaration was adopted; additional guarantees for investors were introduced to the regional legislation; an Investment Agency of the Tyumen region was created; a Register of investment projects was formed; procedural regulations of the regional government and municipal administrations were established; an agreement was signed with all the resource supplying organizations and territorial subdivisions of the federal bodies of authority interacting with the investors.
Thus, increased investment appeal and creation of favorable conditions for the enterprising and investment activity are among the prioritized activity areas of the Government of the Tyumen region.
Invest in the Tyumen region!
Governor of the Tyumen region
We know how to work with investors – we are one team.
- We reduce the regional part of the profit tax by 4%;
- We reduce the property tax rate for companies
(0% until 3 years after putting into operation with amount of investments exceeding 300 mln. rubles);
- We offer land and transport tax privileges;
- We compensate up to 50% of expenses on the development of the infrastructure and utility systems;
- We offer municipally-owned plots of land and real property;
- We subsidize the first equipment lease payment up to 50% of its cost, lease payments interest rate as well as credit interest rates;
- Investment loans with 7% interest rate.
The largest international and Russian companies trust us
The largest Russian oil and gas companies and their research institutes work for us
- Step 1. Creation of a system of communication. Any investor interacts with the subdivisions of the federal bodies of authorities, regional government, municipal administrations, resource supplying organizations and development institutions. Realising this, we concluded an agreement establishing an algorithm for the interaction of all these units and a most favorable mode for any project realized in the region. To make the document as clear as possible, we enclosed a complete register of the investment projects. Any party of the agreement has an easy access to this information and can see all the problems they have to solve.
- Step 2. We handed to all the municipalities indicators of economy growth as their development benchmarks. The indicators are based on those defined by the President's decree for the heads of the administrative units.
- Step 3. We introduced a system of rating and monitoring of the activity of the municipalities. At year-end, the body of the statistical indicators, data from the register of the investment projects stating the number and types of projects in each separate territory and the opinion of experts representing the given sphere of business form the basis of the municipalities rating.
- Step 4. Stimuli and antistimuli. To stimulate the heads of administrations and their teams depending on their performance in the rating, we deveoped a bonus system. Only those ranking the first ten can receive a bonus payment. In the same manner we distribute the budget for further development.
- Step 5. The heads of the municipalities received a set of the best practices from the other regions and municipalities for direct application in the form of a ready-to-use municipal standard comprising 13 paragraphs. Quarterly, the heads, from this year on also their deputies in charge of the economic development, take regular training courses.
- Step 6. Development of a project extended support system. Thus, any investor is entitled to use the full package of services rendered by the government and municipalities. This package includes allocation of plots of land (without a bidding process), tax privileges, field subsidies and investment loans with 7% interest rate. Such appproach can ensure the further industrial and economic growth in the existing extremely challenging conditions.
- Step 7. Advocating planning for everyone we started with ourselves. Long ago, the regional government developed field strategies with the specific plans providing realization of the specific investment projects linked with municipal sites. Later we oriented our system of state support to these projects. Last year we devised separate plans for the development of each municipality in which the key projects for each specific territory were included. To each project we assigned a project team consisting of responsible persons from the municipalities and regional government.
We are open for cooperation, welcome constructive proposals and new projects, and are always ready to facilitate their implementation. For this purpose we are reviving the spirit of enterprise. I am convinced of the necessity to support and encourage business initiatives - this is the prerequisite of successful economic and social development of any territory.
Time itself encourages us to begin action and opens up new prospects and opportunities. We value fresh ideas and interesting projects. Set ambitious goals and achieve high results.
Let success attend you and your business! I am always glad to see you on Tyumen soil.
Looking forward to a fruitful cooperation,
Governor of the Tyumen region, Vladimir Yakushev
|Geography and population|
|Total area||160, 1 (thousand sq. km)|
|Settlements:||5 cities, 21 districts, 1265 rural settlements|
|Population||1464.2 thousand people as of 01.06.2015|
|Population by nationality||over 150 nationalities|
|Demographics||positive, according to the All-Russian Public Opinion Research Center, the happiest people live here|
|Resources of the Tyumen region|
|Turf deposits||2.6 bln tons, the largest in RF|
|Hydrocarbon reserves||1.8 bln tons in the south of the region; 37 fields have been discovered|
|Timber reserves||924 mln cubic meters, felling volume – 15.6 mln cubic meters a year|
|Therapeutic mineral waters||25 thousand cubic meters a day|
|Building sand reserves||442 mln cubic meters|
|Clay reserves||397 mln cubic meters|
Industrial production index, %
The industrial output for the indicated period has grown 2.4 times
Volume of investment in the principal capital, bln rubles
Investment volumes for the indicated period have more than tripled
The gross regional product (GRP), bln rubles
GRP for the indicated period has grown 2.4 times (in current prices)
Share of investments in GRP, %
The leader in people's quality of life
The average monthly salary is 34,120 rubles. Almost every other Tyumen resident owns a car (there are about 380,000 cars registered in the regional capital with a population of 700,000 ).
5 city parks for family recreation
- Gilevskaya Roshcha,
- Komsomolskiy Square,
- Park named after Gagarin,
- Alexander Garden (Aleksandrovskiy sad),
- Square of Deputees.
One of the best embankments in Russia
It is easy to walk the unforgettable and exciting places as each building and monument carries in itself a part of the past. You can walk hours along the embankment in warm weather: so beautiful and neat it is here.
131 points of Internet access are located in all the municipalities of the region including 57 Wi-Fi access points in Tyumen and 28 access points in the cities of Tobolsk, Ishim, Yalutorovsk and Zavodoukovsk.
One can log in to the Internet in the popular recreational areas as well as cultural, educational and medical institutions. According to a version of Foursquare app, the airport and railway station are in the list of the most popular places - not only Tyumen citizens but also transit passengers, business travellers, etc. check in here.
- The Tyumen Drama Theater was founded in 1858. The new theater building was erected in 2008. The total floor area of the biggest drama theater in Russia is 36,000 square meters.
- The Tyumen Philharmonic Hall is one of the leading concert institutions in the Ural-Siberian region.
- The Tyumen Puppet Theater with the first professional company opened its doors right after WW II, in 1945.
- The Tyumen Regional Studies Museum named after I. Ya. Slovtsov.
- The Tyumen Regional Museum of Fine Arts.
- The Tyumen State Circus – a building for circus performances first appeared in the August of 1897. With years the circus did not lose its popularity: today it has become one of the main sights of the city.
- 11 movie theaters with multiple screens.
The Regional Center for Winter Sports "The Pearl of Siberia" is a modern training and competition facility with its own infrastructure allowing to organize a complete competition training cycle for Russian sportsmen as well as races of various levels including Continental Cup, World Cup and World Championship.
The sports complex «The Olympic Preparation Center «Tyumen Judo» is unique for its system of full-cycle competition training. It has all the conditions for hosting training sessions, educational activities and competitions of the highest level: Grand Slam, Masters, Olympic Hope and Sensei Cup.
The indoor track facility is a modern sports center It hosts track and field and indoor climbing training sessions and competitions. The citizens can use a specially designed sloping training track, sports arena, shot put, long jump and pole vault sectors. The pride of the facility is a state- of-the-art high climbing wall, one of the most advanced in Russia.
Tyumen guests can use a big number of hotels of various classes and categories. You can book a bed in one of the budget hostels, stay at a cozy mini-hotel, choose a midscale three-star hotel or a 4- or 5-star luxury hotel.
The most luxury hotels are:
|Hotel Best Western Plus "Spasskaya"||84||–||Hotel "Remezov"||108||–||Business-Hotel "Eurasia"||87||–||Green House Hotel||42||–||Hotel "Vostok"||386||–|
New projects at the stage of realization:
|Hampton by Hillton||136||–|
|IBIS||150||–||DoubleTree by Hilton||195||–|
Resorts and Spas
|Rehabilitation Center «Taraskul’»||536||825|
|Center for Restorative Medicine and Rehabilitation «Siberia»||370||593|
|Sanatorium (resort) «Ingala»||116||350||Center for Restorative Medicine and Rehabilitation «Snezhinka»||47||240||Sanatorium (resort) «Geolog»||96||175||Hospital of Restorative Medicine (resort) «Lastochka»||74||150||Sanatorium-Health Resort «Khvoinyi»||65||120||Sanatorium-Health Resort «Svetlyi»||50||100||Sanatorium-Health Resort «Sosnovyi Bor»||42||90||Center for Restorative Medicine and Rehabilitation «Zhemchuzhnyi»||34||90||Center for Restorative Medicine and Rehabilitation «Akhmanka»||43||87||Sanatorium (resort) «Volna»||40||80|
Tyumen was founded not by Ermak as many think but by voivodes Vassiliy Sukin and Ivan Myasnoy. Their aim was to fulfill the decree of the Tzar Fedor Ivanovich and establish a strategic point for the exploration of the eastern territories of Russia. The military post in Tyumen was the largest in Siberia and the most multinational.
Pokrovskoye settlement, which is 80 km away from the regional center, is the birthplace of the most famous Russian in the world - Grigory Rasputin. In 1991, historian Marina Smirnova founded the first Russian private museum in Pokrovskoye. On weekends she personally guides tours there.
In the 1960s, large deposits of "black gold" were discovered several hundreds kilometers away from Tyumen in the north of the region. In a short period of time Tyumen transformed into an administrative center managing the whole oil production complex.
In 1959, Tyumen had a population of 150,000 residents. Nowadays, it is about 1 464.2 thousand people, which means the city population has grown ten times in the span of 57 years.
The most famous chemist in the world, Dmitri Mendeleev, was born in the Tyumen region in Tobolsk city (240 km north of Tyumen) in 1834.
A student of the Tyumen State Oil and Gas University Ksenia Sukhinova won the title Miss World 2008.
Tyumen resident Yulia Khramova became Vice Mrs World 2016.
According to the survey results, Tyumen region occupies the top position in the national Russian rating of the regions whose people are happy with their standard of living (81% of survey respondents).